Skip to main content
Carbon Nanotube Dispersant / CNTs Ester Dispersant
This is a polymer dispersant solution product with
a solid content of 45%. The solvent is a mixture of butyl acetate and ethylene glycol butyl ether. Based on our lab experimental results from numerous dispersants screened out, it is particularly suitable for carbon nanotubes to be dispersed in ester solvents such as ethyl acetate, butyl acetate, and the liquid epoxy resin.
How to Disperse CNTs / How to Disperse Carbon Nanotubes:
Example - using US4497 d
to disperse CNTs:
1) Single-walled: US4497 should be 3 to 4 times of carbon nanotubes. For short and functional nanotubes, they are more easily dispersed in water, typically, the amount of dispersant can be reduced by 50%.
2) Multi-walled: US4497 should be 0.1 to 4 times of carbon nanotubes (corresponding diameter descending)--Example 1:
US4315 - dispersant is 80wt% of CNTs
- to get 100ml with 3wt% CNTs dispersion, need 3g CNTs, 2.40g dispersant, 94.60g of deionized water; Example 2:
US4300 - dispersant is 400wt% of CNTs
- to get 100ml of 3wt% CNTs water dispersion, need 3g CNTs, 12g dispersant, 85g deionized water. For
short and functional nanotubes, they are more easily dispersed in water, typically, the amount of dispersant can be reduced by 50%.
3) Step 1, add US4497 into water first. Step 2, when US4497 fully dissolved into water, then add CNTs. Step 3, finally subjected to ultrasonic (this requires the customer's own experience).
4) During ultrasonic processing, the dispersion may be heating up and blistering, therefore it is a good idea every 5min stopping, cooling, defoaming, and then continuing, total 30 minutes: 5min x 6 times.
5) After the end of the ultrasound, centrifuge the dispersion liquid, remove non-dispersed agglomerated particles. Centrifugal speed is 2000r/min, centrifugation time of 30 min. After centrifugation, the dispersion can be stable placement of more than six months.
Carbon Nanotube Dispersion Equipments:
1) Ultrasonic dispersion device: ideal for laboratory-scale, low-viscosity media to disperse carbon nanotubes; (2) Grinding dispersion equipment: suitable for large-scale dispersion of carbon nanotubes, middle-viscosity media to disperse carbon nanotubes; (3) Combination method: "first grinding, second ultrasonic dispersion " can be efficiently and stably to disperse carbon nanotubes.
***Equipment capacity, dispersion volume, dispersion concentration also need to be considered...
15ml (add $65)
30ml (add $118)
60ml (add $195)
120ml (add $378)