Skip to main content
Carbon Nanotube Dispersant / CNTs Water Dispersant
aromatic groups, the aromatic groups and carbon nanotube walls: good affinity and easily adsorbed on the wall.
content: 10%; Cloud point: 68-70
Based on our lab experimental results from numerous dispersants screened out, US4498 is
particularly suitable for
dispersed in water.
How to Disperse CNTs / How to Disperse Carbon Nanotubes:
Example - using US4498 d
to disperse CNTs:
1) Single-walled: US4498 should be 3 to 4 times of carbon nanotubes. For short and functional nanotubes, they are more easily dispersed in water, typically, the amount of dispersant can be reduced by 50%.
2) Multi-walled: US4498 should be 0.1 to 4 times of carbon nanotubes (corresponding diameter descending)--Example 1:
US4315 - dispersant is 20wt% of CNTs
- to get 100ml with 3wt% CNTs dispersion, need 3g CNTs, 0.60g dispersant, 96.40g of deionized water; Example 2:
US4300 - dispersant is 100wt% of CNTs
- to get 100ml of 3wt% CNTs water dispersion, need 3g CNTs, 3g dispersant, 94g deionized water. For
short and functional nanotubes, they are more easily dispersed in water, typically, the amount of dispersant can be reduced by 50%.
3) Step 1, add US4498 into water first. Step 2, when US4498 fully dissolved into water, then add CNTs. Step 3, finally subjected to ultrasonic (this requires the customer's own experience).
4) During ultrasonic processing, the dispersion may be heating up and blistering, therefore it is a good idea every 5min stopping, cooling, defoaming, and then continuing, total 30 minutes: 5min x 6 times.
5) After the end of the ultrasonication, centrifuge the dispersion liquid, remove non-dispersed agglomerated particles. Centrifugal speed is 2000r/min, centrifugation time of 30 min. After centrifugation, the dispersion can be stable placement of more than six months.
Carbon Nanotube Dispersion Equipments:
1) Ultrasonic dispersion device: ideal for laboratory-scale, low-viscosity media to disperse carbon nanotubes; (2) Grinding dispersion equipment: suitable for large-scale dispersion of carbon nanotubes, middle-viscosity media to disperse carbon nanotubes; (3) Combination method: "first grinding, second ultrasonic dispersion " can be efficiently and stably to disperse carbon nanotubes.
***Equipment capacity, dispersion volume, dispersion concentration also need to be considered...
15ml (add $65)
30ml (add $115)
60ml (add $185)
120ml (add $348)